Chris Pratt just have us 9 reasons to love him even more. The / Parks & Rec / Guardians of The Galaxy /Jurassic World / Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom star has had plenty of success onscreen, but clearly didn't let any of that get to his head. The actor accepted the Generation Award at the 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards Monday night and gave a speech for the ages.
He opened up by briefly noting his humble upbringing in a family that was far from wealthy.
Next, Pratt gave his young son Jack a sweet shoutout by proudly telling the camera (Jack was at home) "Kid I love you. I love you more than anything in the world."
Without any further hesitation, Pratt took on his role as an "elder" to dish out 9 pieces of life advice to the next generation. Of course, seeing him describe each bit in the video is FAR funnier than just reading buuuut, if you're in a hurry we've got you covered below.
9 Rules From Chris Pratt - Generation Award Winner
1. Breathe. If you don't you'll suffocate
2. You have a soul. Be careful with it
3. Don't be a turd. If you're strong, be a protector and if you're smart, be a humble influencer. Your strength and intelligence can be weapons. Do not wield them against the weak, that makes you a bully. Be bigger than that!
4. When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger and they won't even know they're eating medicine.
5. Doesn't matter what it is.. earn it!
6. God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you... believe that. I do.
7. If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're gonna stink up the bathroom, just do what I do! Lock the door, sit down, get all the #1 out first and when that's done, #2 then flush. (See video for Chris' hilarious explanation)
8. Learn to pray. It's easy and it's so good for your soul.
9. Nobody is perfect. People are going to tell you you're perfect just the way you are.. you're not! You are imperfect, always will be, but there's a powerful force that designed you that way. If you're willing to accept that, you will have grace. Like the freedom we enjoy in this country, that grace was paid for with somebody else's blood. Do NOT forget it. Don't take it for granted
Chris's closing line: "God bless you! Please get home safely."