This isn't your elementary school playground tag..it's better! Chase tag is a combination of the childhood game we all know and (mostly) love, but with an epic twist. Each competition features an assortment of parkour obstacles that athletes use to their advantage to evade their opponent for up to 20 seconds during each chase. Sign me up!
These are some of the rules according to the World Chase Tag website:
CHASE TAG® CHASE OFF™
- There are two athletes in each match.
- The winner is the first atlete to accumulate 10 points and he / she must be two points clear of his / her opponent.
- The match is played in rounds. Each round consists of two periods where each athlete takes it in turn to be the tag. Each period lasts for 20-seconds or until the Tag touches the Evader.
- One point is scored for a successful tag and an additional point is scored by the athlete who wins the round (i.e. the athlete who scored a successful tag in the lowest time).
- Tags must be above the waist and below the neck.
- Tag-Backs and dangerous play are prohibited.