A viral competitive eater going by the name L.A. Beast (aka Kevin Strahle) attempted to break 6 Guinness World Records! This isn't just a "points for effort" story either.. he actually walked away with some impressive results! According to Guinness, L.A. Beast "is a competitive eater from the US who has a hugely successful YouTube channel and multiple Guinness World Records titles to his name."
L.A. Beast's 6 challenges included:
- Fastest time to eat all chocolates from an advent calendar
- Most marshmallows eaten in one minute (no hands)
- Most peanut butter cups eaten in one minute
- Most gummy bears eaten with a stick in one minute
- Fastest time to drink a cup of coffee
- Fastest time to drink two litres of soda through a straw
Out of all of those, the advent calendar chocolates is easily my favorite! Why wait a whole month when you can celebrate the whole season and satisfy your sweet tooth over the span of 2 minutes? Check out the 8:00 mark and later in the video below to see L.A. Beast take down 5 of the 6 world records! The fact he had room in his stomach for that many attempts, let alone record-breaking ones, is definitely worth noting.
Side note, who actually thinks up the records themselves? I can understand chugging coffee, but what would ever naturally lead a person to use a stick to get their gummy bear fix?