Brendon Urie and the rest of Panic! At The Disco couldn't make it to Los Angeles to perform on the American Music Awards stage, so instead they brought the AMA's to their sold-out show in Sydney, Australia. When it was the group's time to shine on TV, they launched right into a beautiful cover of Queen's classic "Bohemian Rhapsody" and let me tell you.. it did not disappoint!
Here are several things that stood out to me from the performance:
- It was nice to see the group perform a full-length version of the track, not just some quick Queen medley
- Panic! At The Disco's new guitarist Mike Naran can ABSOLUTELY shred! The way he handled his solo and perfectly replicated the original sound of the song is admirable
- Holy high notes Brendon Urie! (4:04 in the video = case and point)
- The group's vocal harmonies really did Queen justice. Amazing across the board
- The crowd in Sydney clearly loved what they were hearing and it showed
- Special shout out to drummer Dan Pawlovich for also killin' it
By the way, PATD ended up taking home the American Music Award for Favorite Artist - Alternative Rock! They clearly earned it.