Bowling alleys in the Southern Tier are officially back in business!
Ripics Carousel Lanes opened up Monday with additional COVID-19 precautions in place. These include:
- Numerous sanitizer stations placed throughought the bowling alley along with individual sanitizer bottles for each table
- Requiring masks be worn at all times
- Requiring guests to wear a glove while choosing a bowling ball to use
- Using every other lane
- Table service for all food and alcohol orders
- Deep sanitizing of all rental shoes
Last night was my first time going to Ripics Carousel Lanes and from the moment I walked in, the staff were welcoming, wonderful, attentive, and kept the place SPOTLESS. Playing on every other lane has the added benefit of letting you play at your own pace without worrying about or waiting for someone to bowl right next to you. There are still some stranger restrictions in place such as having to order food in order to also order alcohol, just like the requirement placed on bars. The full list of rules is detailed in the bowling alley's post below.
Please be respectful of the fact that regardless of how you feel about the rules, they must be followed by the bowling alley or they could face heavy fines or even their liquor license being revoked. The staff and owner have been put in a tough position and have no say over the rules they are striving so hard to follow. Thank you in advance for being kind to them and understanding the situation.